Marketing and Communications Internship
Fall 2020 Unpaid Internship – Minimum 5 hours a week, Maximum of 20 hours a week
Start: August 2020
Location: Downtown Tulsa
At Emergency Infant Services, we strive to achieve a hands on work environment for our internship program. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing and Communication Manager and the rest of the Development Team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in marketing and outreach within the nonprofit sector. Assignments are expected to be carried out under limited supervision within the office.
You can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Graphics design, photo editing, and copywriting for social media platforms
- Attending meetings with department leaders and board members
- Studying and learning marketing terms and using this knowledge to help improve organizations marketing plan.
Essential Internship Functions:
The functions outlined in this unpaid internship description are examples of the general nature of those performed by interns in this position. Any combination of these functions and responsibilities may be performed. This list is descriptive only and should be used for no other purpose. Management retains the right to revise intern functions at any time. These functions are not to be considered as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Help create graphics and posts for social media campaigns
- Fabricate and copy edit marketing materials
- Understand analytics and be able to make suggestions on areas that need improvement
- Assist Development Department with special events as needed
- Attend Marketing meetings and occasionally development meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Current sophomore or above at an accredited university.
- Must live in the Tulsa area.
- Must be able to commit to 5 hours a week throughout the semester.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Interest in marketing and outreach for the nonprofit sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and adobe creative cloud apps.
- Familiar with social platforms and their uses and capabilities for nonprofits.
- Willingness to work independently and take initiative on projects.
- Must be comfortable working in an open office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute and thrive in a collaborative work environment.