Client Services Internship
Fall 2020 Unpaid Internship – Minimum 5 hours a week, Maximum of 20 hours a week
Start: August 2020
Location: Downtown Tulsa
At Emergency Infant Services, we strive to achieve a hands on work environment for our internship program. The Client Services Intern will work closely with the Client Services’ team. The ideal candidate will have the desire to help serve families in time of need.
You can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Interviewing clients will develop the ability to help make connections with resources in the community.
- Assisting in the boutique will help with interacting with clients and volunteers.
Essential Internship Functions:
The functions outlined in this unpaid internship description are examples of the general nature of those performed by interns in this position. Any combination of these functions and responsibilities may be performed. This list is descriptive only and should be used for no other purpose. Management retains the right to revise intern functions at any time. These functions are not to be considered as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Assist with all aspects of the client services experience – Check in, interviewing, data input, inventory
- Input data in to SalesForce
- Research local resources
- Assist in front warehouse and help maintain inventory
- Assist in processing area and help maintain boutique inventory
- Keep local agency resource list up to date
- Communicate with community partners
- Attend community partner meetings with Social Services Director, as available
- Attend interoffice meetings, as available
- Update resource library
- Current sophomore or above at an accredited university.
- Must live in the Tulsa area.
- Must be able to commit to 5 hours a week throughout the semester.
- Fluent in Spanish.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Interest in marketing and outreach for the nonprofit sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and adobe creative cloud apps.
- Familiar with social platforms and their uses and capabilities for nonprofits.
- Willingness to work independently and take initiative on projects.
- Must be comfortable working in an open office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute and thrive in a collaborative work environment.